Hello everyone … welcome to the fourteenth episode of the Knitting Expat Podcast … this has become such a wonderful way for me to get more involved with the online knitting community and I’ve been loving it so far … so please do get in touch … I’d love to hear from you … so far I’ve been loving the interaction with other knitters from around the world that this new avenue has opened up to me … come join the fun …
Here is this weeks episode …
Things I talked about …
INTRODUCTION & WHERE TO FIND ME:
Hi my name is Mina, I currently live in Bahrain with my Husband and 2 cats, we lived in Dubai up until recently and before that we were in London UK. You can learn more in the ABOUT ME section, otherwise if you have any questions please leave a comment or send me a message on Ravelry/Instagram.
I have also created a RAVELRY GROUP for the Knitting Expat Podcast so you can join in the conversation there …
1. FLOTSAM MITTS – Based on the stitch pattern from the hat designed by Allie Coffey and knit using 4.5mm needles with Malabrigo Worsted in the Sapphire Magenta colourway.
WORKS IN PROGRESS:
1. PERSISTENCE IS KEY – By Amanda Woeger and I am knitting these on 4.5mm needles in Caron Simply Soft and Caron One Pound in beige/cream colours.
2. ROCK ISLAND – By Jared Flood and I am knitting these on 4mm needles in the Drops Lace in the Olive colourway.
3. MASGOT – By Justyna Lorkowska and I am knitting these on 4mm needles in Cascade Heritage Sock in Pink, Grey and Purple colours.
4. COZY MEMORIES BLANKET – started this using my sock yarn scraps on 3mm needles.
MINAMAKES – PROJECT BAGS:
I spent most of my week working on my project bags for the opening of my Etsy shop MINAMAKES … I will be announcing on Instagram and the Ravelry Group when that will be opening so keep an eye out there for more details.
1. I received a lovely package from NINA from the FuzzyLoveKnots podcast in the mail this week which was full of gorgeous goodies … lots of yarn and other fun things …
KNIT-A-LONG DETAILS FOR SUNRAYS SHAWL:
– The KAL will start from the date of the pattern release until the 24th August 2015, Finished Objects can be posted into the FO thread after the 1st July. So you can start before but cannot finish the shawl before the 1st July in order to enter the KAL.
– You will need to be a member of the KNITTING EXPAT PODCAST RAVELRY GROUP to be eligible for prizes
– Signups are open for those interested in ordering yarn from THE YARN TREE UK (the link will take you to a form to fill in online) … who dyed up the wonderful ‘Fiery Sunset’ colourway for my shawl pattern and has given me an extra skein as a giveaway prize … the yarn is also being offered with a 10% discount already applied to the price of the skeins so if you are interested this is a good time to buy!
- 1 skein of The Yarn Tree UK’s Sock Yarn – 75% Merino, 20% Nylon and 5% Gold Stelina base in the Fiery Sunset Colourway.
- 1 skien of The Natural Dye Company CHI Merino/Bamboo Sock yarn in the Peacock 3 colourway … this is a beautiful skein of yarn by a company that is no longer in business so you cannot get this anywhere else.
- 1 project bag made by me … the actual project bag will be made specially for the winner once selected and the winner will have a selection of fabrics to choose from for their bag.
1000 SUBSCRIBER GIVEAWAY:
Finally as a small way to say thank you to all you lovely people who watch my podcast and have subscribed on Youtube I wanted to do do a small giveaway. I drew the prize winners in this weeks episode but want to give them a chance to see the episode first and find out that way that they have won before I contact them myself.
PODCASTS I MENTIONED:
10. GRACE & GAUGE
That is it for this week’s Episode, I hope you enjoyed and if you did please subscribe on Youtube … join the Ravelry group and leave a little comment to say hello and/or to let me know what you think … I’d love to hear if you have any suggestions or ideas for the podcast and of course I’d be happy to answer any questions you may have aswell.
Till next time …
Happy Knitting …