Hello everyone … welcome to Episode 115 the Knitting Expat Podcast … this has become such a wonderful way for me to get more involved with the online knitting community and I’ve been loving it so far … so please do get in touch … I’d love to hear from you … so far I’ve been loving the interaction with other knitters from around the world that this new avenue has opened up to me … come join the fun …
Here is this weeks episode …
Things I talked about …
INTRODUCTION & WHERE TO FIND ME:
Hi my name is Mina, I currently live in New York City with my Husband and 2 cats, we lived in Dubai and then Bahrain up until recently and before that we were in London UK. You can learn more in the ABOUT ME section, otherwise if you have any questions please leave a comment or send me a message on Ravelry/Instagram.
I have also created a RAVELRY GROUP for the Knitting Expat Podcast so you can join in the conversation there …
You can find my Original Designs for sale on Ravelry HERE …
- Childs Cabled Cardigan – 4mm (US6) – New Pattern coming soon – using Primrose Yarn Co on the Jasper DK Base in the Nasty Unicorn Colourway
- Convertible Mits for Perry – 3.25mm (US4) – Wiluksu Pattern by Brittany Elbertson, knit using Into The Whirled Dresden DK in the Mildly Amusing Colourway – will need to modify for the thumb
- Star Wars socks – 2.25mm (US1) – using Wild Hare Fibre Studios in the These are the Droids you are Looking For colourway (75/25)
- Handspun Christmas Eve Socks – 2.25mm (US1) – Into The Whirled handspun in the Radioactive Colourway
- Pastel Rainbow – 2.25mm (US1) – Austermann Stepp – 0219 Rainbow
- Monet Sock Blank – 2.25mm (US1) – Hypwool Yarns Sock Blank in the Monet’s Garden colourway – Ice Dyed
- Moor Marled Socks – 2.25mm (US1) – Wendy Roam Yarn – in the Moor Colourway
- Cool Cat Copper – 2.5mm (US1.5) – Wool & The Gang – in the Cool Cat Copper colourway – my VKL project started the heels on the morning of VKL and finished kitchenering the toes when I got home. I go in to more details with a review on this product in the podcast.
- Scrappy Granny Stripe Blanket – 3.5mm E Hook – following Attic 24 tutorial – chainless foundation approx. 270sts
- Changes Shawl – 3.75mm (US5) – Using Primrose Yarn Co in the Adelaide base in a selection of Colours – tags are all stuck in the middle of each ball so can’t pull them all out. – keep thinking of that David Bowie Song – Changes
- Sock Club Socks – 2.25mm (US1) – using Lolodidit Lolos favourite base (MCN) in the Tin Roof Remix and Fame colourways
- Sock Club Socks – 2.25mm (US1) – using Norah George Yarns in the Sock base (SW Merino/Nylon) in the Philipptown Colourway
- Sock Club Socks – 2.25mm (US1) – using Once Upon A Corgi on the Issac base (100 Polworth) in the Narnia colourway
- Vanilla Socks – 2.25mm (US1) – using knitpicks Felici base (75/25 SW Merino/Nylon) in the Sonora Sunset colourway – All vanilla Socks are knit using my Vanilla Sock Recipe available on Ravelry.
Sock Pattern Club – The New York Collection:
Check out the Chatter Thread HERE for details!
You can purchase the Ebook HERE
2018 Sock Pattern Clubs – Wanderlust & Cosy Collections:
#KEDKAL17 – Knitting Expat Designs Year Long KAL
Check out the Chatter Thread HERE for details
Self Managed Mini Skein Swap:
See details in the THREAD
QUESTIONS FOR YOU:
– Coupon Thread HERE
– Knitting Planning Spreadsheet – HERE
– Yarn tracking Spreadsheet – HERE
General Comments About Pattern Support –
Please use the email (email@example.com) in the patterns or Rav private messaging to ask me about any patter support questions you have. Instagram/facebook etc are not appropriate places to ask for pattern support. I don’t always see your questions there or get notifications about private messages on instagram. I specifically include my email address on all of my patterns so you have a way to contact me for pattern support and I would appreciate it if you would respect that and use that avenue to contact me … it is by far the best way to do so and I am likely to respond to you the fastest via email as well.
I get a lot of questions about links in the pattern pdf’s not working and all you have to do is copy and paste the link into your internet browser if that is the case. The links for some reason don’t always work on mobile devices so you may have to access them on a computer.
That is it for this week’s Episode, I hope you enjoyed and if you did please subscribe on Youtube … join the Ravelry group and leave a little comment to say hello and/or to let me know what you think … I’d love to hear if you have any suggestions or ideas for the podcast and of course I’d be happy to answer any questions you may have aswell.
Till next time …
Happy Knitting …