Hello everyone … welcome to the fifteenth episode of the Knitting Expat Podcast … this has become such a wonderful way for me to get more involved with the online knitting community and I’ve been loving it so far … so please do get in touch … I’d love to hear from you … so far I’ve been loving the interaction with other knitters from around the world that this new avenue has opened up to me … come join the fun …
Here is this weeks episode …
Things I talked about …
INTRODUCTION & WHERE TO FIND ME:
Hi my name is Mina, I currently live in Bahrain with my Husband and 2 cats, we lived in Dubai up until recently and before that we were in London UK. You can learn more in the ABOUT ME section, otherwise if you have any questions please leave a comment or send me a message on Ravelry/Instagram.
I have also created a RAVELRY GROUP for the Knitting Expat Podcast so you can join in the conversation there …
Finally you can find my Project Bags for sale on ETSY …
1. MASGOT – By Justyna Lorkowska and I am knitting these on 4mm needles in Cascade Heritage Sock in Pink, Grey and Purple colours.
2. THE SOCK KNITTERS SHAWL – by Kay Jones of the Bakery Bears Podcast … knit with Lana Grossa yarn from the India collection and the edging was in Lion Brand sockease in the Green Apple colourway. Knit on 3.75mm needles.
WORKS IN PROGRESS:
1. PERSISTENCE IS KEY – By Amanda Woeger and I am knitting these on 4.5mm needles in Caron Simply Soft and Caron One Pound in beige/cream colours.
2. ROCK ISLAND – By Jared Flood and I am knitting these on 4mm needles in the Drops Lace in the Olive colourway.
3. VANILLA SOCKS – knitting with Crazy Zauberball on 2.25mm needles and used a twisted ribbing for the cuff …
4. COZY MEMORIES BLANKET – started this using my sock yarn scraps on 3mm needles.
KNIT-A-LONG DETAILS FOR SUNRAYS SHAWL:
– The KAL will start from the date of the pattern release until the 24th August 2015, Finished Objects can be posted into the FO thread after the 1st July. So you can start before but cannot finish the shawl before the 1st July in order to enter the KAL.
– You will need to be a member of the KNITTING EXPAT PODCAST RAVELRY GROUP to be eligible for prizes
– Signups are open for those interested in ordering yarn from THE YARN TREE UK (the link will take you to a form to fill in online) … who dyed up the wonderful ‘Fiery Sunset’ colourway for my shawl pattern and has given me an extra skein as a giveaway prize … the yarn is also being offered with a 10% discount already applied to the price of the skeins so if you are interested this is a good time to buy!
- 1 skein of The Yarn Tree UK’s Sock Yarn – 75% Merino, 20% Nylon and 5% Gold Stelina base in the Fiery Sunset Colourway.
- 1 skien of The Natural Dye Company CHI Merino/Bamboo Sock yarn in the Peacock 3 colourway … this is a beautiful skein of yarn by a company that is no longer in business so you cannot get this anywhere else.
- 1 project bag made by me … the actual project bag will be made specially for the winner once selected and the winner will have a selection of fabrics to choose from for their bag.
PODCASTS I MENTIONED:
5. BAKERY BEARS
That is it for this week’s Episode, I hope you enjoyed and if you did please subscribe on Youtube … join the Ravelry group and leave a little comment to say hello and/or to let me know what you think … I’d love to hear if you have any suggestions or ideas for the podcast and of course I’d be happy to answer any questions you may have aswell.
Till next time …
Happy Knitting …