Hello everyone … welcome to the twelfth episode of the Knitting Expat Podcast … this has become such a wonderful way for me to get more involved with the online knitting community and I’ve been loving it so far … so please do get in touch … I’d love to hear from you … so far I’ve been loving the interaction with other knitters from around the world that this new avenue has opened up to me … come join the fun …
Here is this weeks episode …
Things I talked about …
INTRODUCTION & WHERE TO FIND ME:
Hi my name is Mina, I currently live in Bahrain with my Husband and 2 cats, we lived in Dubai up until recently and before that we were in London UK. You can learn more in the ABOUT ME section, otherwise if you have any questions please leave a comment or send me a message on Ravelry/Instagram.
I have also created a RAVELRY GROUP for the Knitting Expat Podcast so you can join in the conversation there …
1. HERMIONIES EVERYDAY SOCKS – Knit with 2.25mm needles and the yarn was Fortissima Colour for the main and Lionbrand Sock Ease in Circus Peanut for the contrast Heel and Toes.
2. FLOTSAM – Designed by Allie Coffey and knit using 3.75mm and 4.5mm needles with Malabrigo Worsted in the Sapphire Magenta colourway.
WORKS IN PROGRESS:
1. PERSISTENCE IS KEY – By Amanda Woeger and I am knitting these on 4.5mm needles in Caron Simply Soft and Caron One Pound in beige/cream colours.
2. ROCK ISLAND – By Jared Flood and I am knitting these on 4mm needles in the Drops Lace in the Olive colourway.
3. MASGOT – By Justyna Lorkowska and I am knitting these on 4mm needles in Cascade Heritage Sock in Pink, Grey and Purple colours.
NEXT UP ON THE NEEDLES:
1. THE VANILLA SOCK MOVEMENT – by Erica Jackofsky, going to knit these on 2.25mm needles using one of my Crazy Zauberball Yarns for my Dad.
2. VIAJANTE – By Martina Behm using my Wollmeise Lacegarn in the Grapes for Sherri Colourway.
3. RAGLAN SWEATER – Its a formula recipe by Susan B Anderson for Spud & Chloe, will be making this using Drops Big Merino in a Dark Charcoal colourway using 4mm needles.
1. I won the May Month prize draw for the Caffinated Knitting Podcast’s 12 Socks in 2015 KAL and I chose the Two Lane Highway Rage sock pattern for my prize. I’m looking forward to trying these out soon!
2. I also won a project bag prize in the Swift Knits Podcasts’ Month of Socks KAL which is really exciting and am looking forward to receiving that soon.
3. A lovely viewer, Katrina, sent me a lovely skein of Tweedy yarn from Germany to be given away as a KAL prize, which I will be keeping for a future Knit A Long.
4. I also received a package from a lovely viewer, Barbara, who was also my very first project bag customer, and she sent me some lovely yarn, a beautiful handmade card, so tea and a knitting magazine which was very sweet and lovely to receive.
KNIT-A-LONG DETAILS FOR SUNRAYS SHAWL:
– The KAL will start from the date of the pattern release until the 24th August 2015, Finished Objects can be posted into the FO thread after the 1st July. So you can start before but cannot finish the shawl before the 1st July in order to enter the KAL.
– You will need to be a member of the KNITTING EXPAT PODCAST RAVELRY GROUP to be eligible for prizes
– Signups are open for those interested in ordering yarn from THE YARN TREE UK (the link will take you to a form to fill in online) … who dyed up the wonderful ‘Fiery Sunset’ colourway for my shawl pattern and has given me an extra skein as a giveaway prize … the yarn is also being offered with a 10% discount already applied to the price of the skeins so if you are interested this is a good time to buy!
- 1 skein of The Yarn Tree UK’s Sock Yarn – 75% Merino, 20% Nylon and 5% Gold Stelina base in the Fiery Sunset Colourway.
- 1 skien of The Natural Dye Company CHI Merino/Bamboo Sock yarn in the Peacock 3 colourway … this is a beautiful skein of yarn by a company that is no longer in business so you cannot get this anywhere else.
- 1 project bag made by me … the actual project bag will be made specially for the winner once selected and the winner will have a selection of fabrics to choose from for their bag.
1000 SUBSCRIBER GIVEAWAY:
Finally as a small way to say thank you to all you lovely people who watch my podcast and have subscribed on Youtube I wanted to do do a small giveaway. I will be gifting three copies of my Sunrays Shawl pattern as a prize for three lucky viewers.
To enter for this Pattern Giveaway you must be a member of the Knitting Expat Podcast group on Ravelry, as I can’t do a random drawing on youtube, and you will need to comment in the Giveaway Thread answering the prompt question.
The question that you will need to answer is:
“How did you get started in knitting? How/Where did you learn to knit?”
I find it really fascinating to hear how people got started with knitting as everyone has a different story to tell and I think its interesting to hear these different perspectives.
So pop on into the group and comment on the thread to be in for a chance to win a prize in next weeks episode.
PODCASTS I MENTIONED:
4. SWIFT KNITS
That is it for this week’s Episode, I hope you enjoyed and if you did please subscribe on Youtube … join the Ravelry group and leave a little comment to say hello and/or to let me know what you think … I’d love to hear if you have any suggestions or ideas for the podcast and of course I’d be happy to answer any questions you may have aswell.
Till next time …
Happy Knitting …