Hello everyone … welcome to Episode 110 the Knitting Expat Podcast … this has become such a wonderful way for me to get more involved with the online knitting community and I’ve been loving it so far … so please do get in touch … I’d love to hear from you … so far I’ve been loving the interaction with other knitters from around the world that this new avenue has opened up to me … come join the fun …
Here is this weeks episode …
Things I talked about …
INTRODUCTION & WHERE TO FIND ME:
Hi my name is Mina, I currently live in New York City with my Husband and 2 cats, we lived in Dubai and then Bahrain up until recently and before that we were in London UK. You can learn more in the ABOUT ME section, otherwise if you have any questions please leave a comment or send me a message on Ravelry/Instagram.
I have also created a RAVELRY GROUP for the Knitting Expat Podcast so you can join in the conversation there …
You can find my Original Designs for sale on Ravelry HERE …
- Vanilla Gift Socks – 2.25mm (US1) – own pattern – using Knit Style Yarn – Squirtle Colourway on the Trendy Sock base 75/25
- The Makers Cuff / Pebble Socks – 2.25mm (US1) – a free cuff pattern by Amber Crawley – dyer behind Makershaven yarn and host of the Makershaven podcast – using Narwhal Needleworks Yarn in the Lil Narwhal in the Big City on the Ravenwood Tweed base – this years VKL colourway – combined with my Pebbles sock pattern
- Mix & Match Child Hat – 4mm (US6) own pattern, using leftovers from the Makershaven Yarn from the sweater. And a second baby size our of the knitpicks tweed yarn held double.
- Baby Socks – Several pairs – 2.25mm (US1) own recipe for baby socks for Layla – using scraps – pattern coming soon with several sizes going from baby to small child.
- Christmas Little Nugget Sweater – 3.7mm (US5) – Own pattern available on Ravelry – Using leftover scraps from the Garter Chevron Blanket for my Nephew
- Baby Pom Pom Mobile – pom pom makers and scraps
- A Stocking for Layla – 5mm (US8) own design – used FernFiber Yarn on their Romney base in Sport weight (Held Double) in the Grey (Undyed) and Green (Combination of Goldenrod and Indigo) the company is actually no longer dying yarn, but any equivillant would work. Fingering held double, worsted/aran weight. Made up the pattern as I went and am hoping to write up a quite pattern/recipe for it as well.
- Scrappy Granny Stripe Blanket – 3.5mm E Hook – following Attic 24 tutorial – chainless foundation approx. 270sts
- Vanilla gift socks – 2.25mm (U1) – Krityum Handmade Yarn – Satrangi colourway on the Rozanna sock base 75/25
- Norah George Yarns
- Once Upon A Corgi
- Voolenvine Yarns
- Lavender Mountain Yarns
- Turtle Purl Yarns
- Andre Sue Knits – Bundle Up Betty
Sock Pattern Club – The New York Collection:
Check out the Chatter Thread HERE for details!
You can purchase the Ebook HERE
#KEDKAL17 – Knitting Expat Designs Year Long KAL
Check out the Chatter Thread HERE for details
Self Managed Mini Skein Swap:
See details in the THREAD
Road To Rhinebeck MKAL:
See details in the THREAD
QUESTIONS FOR YOU:
– Coupon Thread HERE
– Knitting Planning Spreadsheet – HERE
– Yarn tracking Spreadsheet – HERE
General Comments About Pattern Support –
Please use the email (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the patterns or Rav private messaging to ask me about any patter support questions you have. Instagram/facebook etc are not appropriate places to ask for pattern support. I don’t always see your questions there or get notifications about private messages on instagram. I specifically include my email address on all of my patterns so you have a way to contact me for pattern support and I would appreciate it if you would respect that and use that avenue to contact me … it is by far the best way to do so and I am likely to respond to you the fastest via email as well.
I get a lot of questions about links in the pattern pdf’s not working and all you have to do is copy and paste the link into your internet browser if that is the case. The links for some reason don’t always work on mobile devices so you may have to access them on a computer.
Sweet Sparrow Knits
Once Upon A Corgi
Yoshi & Lucy Knits
That is it for this week’s Episode, I hope you enjoyed and if you did please subscribe on Youtube … join the Ravelry group and leave a little comment to say hello and/or to let me know what you think … I’d love to hear if you have any suggestions or ideas for the podcast and of course I’d be happy to answer any questions you may have aswell.
Till next time …
Happy Knitting …