Hello everyone … welcome to Episode 99 the Knitting Expat Podcast … this has become such a wonderful way for me to get more involved with the online knitting community and I’ve been loving it so far … so please do get in touch … I’d love to hear from you … so far I’ve been loving the interaction with other knitters from around the world that this new avenue has opened up to me … come join the fun …
Here is this weeks episode …
Things I talked about …
INTRODUCTION & WHERE TO FIND ME:
Hi my name is Mina, I currently live in New York City with my Husband and 2 cats, we lived in Dubai and then Bahrain up until recently and before that we were in London UK. You can learn more in the ABOUT ME section, otherwise if you have any questions please leave a comment or send me a message on Ravelry/Instagram.
I have also created a RAVELRY GROUP for the Knitting Expat Podcast so you can join in the conversation there …
You can find my Original Designs for sale on Ravelry HERE …
- 6 finished objects
- 3 socks, 2 shawls, baby cardigan
- 10 skeins used
- 12 new skeins into stash
- 2,715m knit
- 856gms knit – first month under 1000gm since I started keeping track
- DK Shawl Design – 4.5mm (US7) – using Primrose Yarn Co in the Jasper DK base in the Snow Owl & Curry Spice colourways – this is a collaboration with the lovely Kelsey of Primrose Yarn Co and the design will be coming out later this year.
- Rainbows & Clouds Socks – 2.25mm (US1) – own vanilla pattern – using Artistic Yarns By Abi in the Rainbows and Clouds Colourway – some of my oldest self striping stash got it just over 2 years ago.
- Chevron Shawl Design – 4mm (US6) Sport weight Salpaca yarn – theconstantthread.etsy.com – and some of the Finnish yarn I picked up last summer as accent colours – own design – something simple yet graphic when complete to really allow the yarn to shine.
- Baby Sport Cardigan – 3.75mm (US5) using Primrose Yarn Co Sport in Snow Owl – pattern is the Save the Baby Whales pattern by Julia Ducker
- Red Breast Self Striping Socks – 2.25mm (US1) – own vanilla pattern – using Mon Sheep Shop in the Self Striping Red Breast Colourway – stelina base
- Perry’s Grand Central Socks – 2.25mm (US1) – Grand Central Socks Pattern with a twist – using Riihivilla – Velho base – Natural Indigo Colourway – purchased yarn from a yarn stall at a market in Helsinki Finland.
- Pinwheel Sock Scrap Blanket – 0 blocks completed
- Cable Hat Design – 4mm (US6) – upcoming design – using Littlebean Loves Yarn – in the Slytherin Common Room on the Worsted Base
- Lovely package of goodies from Jodie & Tracie – The Grocery Girls – Mrs Brown Bags
- Primrose Yarn Co Trunk Show
- Fully Spun
- Crafty Cassi – podcast on youtube – planning on doing yarn dying soon
- Handmade goodies from viewers for Layla
- Ice dyed sock blanks from Hypwoolyarns
Sock Pattern Club – The New York Collection:
Check out the Chatter Thread HERE for details!
You can purchase the Ebook HERE
#KEDKAL17 – Knitting Expat Designs Year Long KAL
Check out the Chatter Thread HERE for details
Self Managed Mini Skein Swap:
See details in the THREAD
QUESTIONS FOR YOU:
– Coupon Thread HERE
– Knitting Planning Spreadsheet – HERE
– Yarn tracking Spreadsheet – HERE
General Comments About Pattern Support –
Please use the email (email@example.com) in the patterns or Rav private messaging to ask me about any patter support questions you have. Instagram/facebook etc are not appropriate places to ask for pattern support. I don’t always see your questions there or get notifications about private messages on instagram. I specifically include my email address on all of my patterns so you have a way to contact me for pattern support and I would appreciate it if you would respect that and use that avenue to contact me … it is by far the best way to do so and I am likely to respond to you the fastest via email as well.
I get a lot of questions about links in the pattern pdf’s not working and all you have to do is copy and paste the link into your internet browser if that is the case. The links for some reason don’t always work on mobile devices so you may have to access them on a computer.
That is it for this week’s Episode, I hope you enjoyed and if you did please subscribe on Youtube … join the Ravelry group and leave a little comment to say hello and/or to let me know what you think … I’d love to hear if you have any suggestions or ideas for the podcast and of course I’d be happy to answer any questions you may have aswell.
Till next time …
Happy Knitting …