Hello everyone … welcome to Episode 109 the Knitting Expat Podcast … this has become such a wonderful way for me to get more involved with the online knitting community and I’ve been loving it so far … so please do get in touch … I’d love to hear from you … so far I’ve been loving the interaction with other knitters from around the world that this new avenue has opened up to me … come join the fun …
Here is this weeks episode …
Things I talked about …
INTRODUCTION & WHERE TO FIND ME:
Hi my name is Mina, I currently live in New York City with my Husband and 2 cats, we lived in Dubai and then Bahrain up until recently and before that we were in London UK. You can learn more in the ABOUT ME section, otherwise if you have any questions please leave a comment or send me a message on Ravelry/Instagram.
I have also created a RAVELRY GROUP for the Knitting Expat Podcast so you can join in the conversation there …
You can find my Original Designs for sale on Ravelry HERE …
- Pinwheel Sock Scrap Blanket – completed! – own pattern available on Ravelry, used 3mm needles – total of 30 blocks.
- Vanilla Gift Socks – 2.25mm (US1) – own pattern – using Alize sock yarn – no Colourway number or name on the band
- Christmas Baby Chevron Blanket – 6mm (US10) – I’ve released a free pattern for this one – for my SIL’s baby – only using 5 of the colours out of the 6, going the use the 6th to make a sweater for the baby and use the leftovers of the other colours to make some contrasting stripes.
- 4 Pairs of Baby Socks – 2.25mm (US1) – Using scraps and my own recipe for socks for Layla – Dual purpose project – once she outgrows them I will turn them into her own little advent calendar.
- Mix & Match Baby/Child Sweater – 4mm (US6) own design – used Makershaven Yarn in the Layla Colourway on the DK base – currently this pattern is in testing I’m hoping it will be released in the middle-end of September
- Scrappy Granny Stripe Blanket – 3.5mm E Hook – following Attic 24 tutorial – chainless foundation approx. 270sts
- The Makers Cuff Socks – 2.25mm (US1) – a free cuff pattern by Amber Crawley – dyer behind Makershaven yarn and host of the Makershaven podcast – using Narwhal Needleworks Yarn in the Lil Narwhal in the Big City – this years VKL colourway
- Baby Socks – 2.5mm (US1.5) own recipe for baby socks for Layla – using Blacker Yarns Brushwork sample I was sent to review.
- Christmas Little Nugget Sweater – 3.7mm (US5) – Own pattern available on Ravelry – Using leftover scraps from the Garter Chevron Blanket for my Nephew
- Baby Pom Pom Mobile – pom pom makers and scraps
- Lavender Lune yarn Co
- Fully spun
- We Are Knitters Kit – Coupon Code – WAK_KNITTINGEXPAT20 – gives 20% off on website till 31st October 2017
- Vessel Yarn Co
- Also been donated a few patterns to use for giveaways
- Clark Socks by Jaclyn Salem – Brooklyn Knitfolk
- Asphodel Potion Hat by Barbara Nalewko – Knitting I Love
Sock Pattern Club – The New York Collection:
Check out the Chatter Thread HERE for details!
You can purchase the Ebook HERE
#KEDKAL17 – Knitting Expat Designs Year Long KAL
Check out the Chatter Thread HERE for details
Self Managed Mini Skein Swap:
See details in the THREAD
Road To Rhinebeck MKAL:
See details in the THREAD
QUESTIONS FOR YOU:
– Coupon Thread HERE
– Knitting Planning Spreadsheet – HERE
– Yarn tracking Spreadsheet – HERE
General Comments About Pattern Support –
Please use the email (email@example.com) in the patterns or Rav private messaging to ask me about any patter support questions you have. Instagram/facebook etc are not appropriate places to ask for pattern support. I don’t always see your questions there or get notifications about private messages on instagram. I specifically include my email address on all of my patterns so you have a way to contact me for pattern support and I would appreciate it if you would respect that and use that avenue to contact me … it is by far the best way to do so and I am likely to respond to you the fastest via email as well.
I get a lot of questions about links in the pattern pdf’s not working and all you have to do is copy and paste the link into your internet browser if that is the case. The links for some reason don’t always work on mobile devices so you may have to access them on a computer.
That is it for this week’s Episode, I hope you enjoyed and if you did please subscribe on Youtube … join the Ravelry group and leave a little comment to say hello and/or to let me know what you think … I’d love to hear if you have any suggestions or ideas for the podcast and of course I’d be happy to answer any questions you may have aswell.
Till next time …
Happy Knitting …