Hello everyone … welcome to Episode 123 the Knitting Expat Podcast … this has become such a wonderful way for me to get more involved with the online knitting community and I’ve been loving it so far … so please do get in touch … I’d love to hear from you … so far I’ve been loving the interaction with other knitters from around the world that this new avenue has opened up to me … come join the fun …
Here is this weeks episode …
Things I talked about …
INTRODUCTION & WHERE TO FIND ME:
Hi my name is Mina, I currently live in New York City with my Husband and 2 cats, we lived in Dubai and then Bahrain up until recently and before that we were in London UK. You can learn more in the ABOUT ME section, otherwise if you have any questions please leave a comment or send me a message on Ravelry/Instagram.
I have also created a RAVELRY GROUP for the Knitting Expat Podcast so you can join in the conversation there …
You can find my Original Designs for sale on Ravelry HERE …
- Vanilla Socks – 2.25mm (US1) – using Adelaide Cottage Yarns in her Stelina base (75% SW Merino / 20% Nylon / 5% Stelina) in the colourway Atlantis
- Triple Dutch Cardigan – 4mm (US6) and 3.5mm (US4) – using Lolodidit in the Wholelotta DK base (85% Non superwash Polworth / 15% Silk) in the Make It Rain Colourway
- Vanilla Rainbow Socks – 2.25mm (US1) – using Biscote Yarn Co on the SW Merino/Nylon base in the Arc En Ciel colourway
- Fathers Day Socks – 2.25mm (US1) – using Littlebean Loves Yarn on the Everyday Sock base in the Moony colourway
- Adult Star Hat – 3.5mm (US 4) and 4mm (US6) – using Lavender Lune Yarns in the Throat Punch colourway on the 100% SW Merino Worsted Base
- Scrappy Granny Stripe Blanket – 3.5mm E Hook – following Attic 24 tutorial – chainless foundation approx. 270sts
- Waffle Pullover – 3.75mm (US5) & 3.5mm (US4) – using Primrose Yarn Co on the Margaux base (MCN) 150gm skeins – Morticia, When Legos Attack, From London With Love, Picket Line or the Parade, Crime of Passion
- Sock Club Socks – 2.25mm (US1) using Sweet Sparrow Yarns on the Magpie Base (stellina) in the Clara Colourway
2018 Sock Pattern Clubs – Wanderlust & Cosy Collections:
Wanderlust club prize winners announced in this episode
CHANGES SHAWL KAL:
Check out the Chatter Thread HERE for details
Self Managed Mini Skein Swap:
See details in the THREAD
QUESTIONS FOR YOU:
– Coupon Thread HERE
– Knitting Planning Spreadsheet – HERE
– Yarn tracking Spreadsheet – HERE
General Comments About Pattern Support –
Please use the email (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the patterns or Rav private messaging to ask me about any patter support questions you have. Instagram/facebook etc are not appropriate places to ask for pattern support. I don’t always see your questions there or get notifications about private messages on instagram. I specifically include my email address on all of my patterns so you have a way to contact me for pattern support and I would appreciate it if you would respect that and use that avenue to contact me … it is by far the best way to do so and I am likely to respond to you the fastest via email as well.
I get a lot of questions about links in the pattern pdf’s not working and all you have to do is copy and paste the link into your internet browser if that is the case. The links for some reason don’t always work on mobile devices so you may have to access them on a computer.
Kingfisher Knits Podcast
That is it for this week’s Episode, I hope you enjoyed and if you did please subscribe on Youtube … join the Ravelry group and leave a little comment to say hello and/or to let me know what you think … I’d love to hear if you have any suggestions or ideas for the podcast and of course I’d be happy to answer any questions you may have aswell.
Till next time …
Happy Knitting …