Hello everyone … welcome to Episode 111 the Knitting Expat Podcast … this has become such a wonderful way for me to get more involved with the online knitting community and I’ve been loving it so far … so please do get in touch … I’d love to hear from you … so far I’ve been loving the interaction with other knitters from around the world that this new avenue has opened up to me … come join the fun …
Here is this weeks episode …
Things I talked about …
INTRODUCTION & WHERE TO FIND ME:
Hi my name is Mina, I currently live in New York City with my Husband and 2 cats, we lived in Dubai and then Bahrain up until recently and before that we were in London UK. You can learn more in the ABOUT ME section, otherwise if you have any questions please leave a comment or send me a message on Ravelry/Instagram.
I have also created a RAVELRY GROUP for the Knitting Expat Podcast so you can join in the conversation there …
You can find my Original Designs for sale on Ravelry HERE …
- Mix & Match Striped Child Hat – 4mm (US6) own pattern, using leftovers of the knitpicks tweed yarn held double. Striped the Reds and cream colour
- Mix & Match Striped Child Hat – 4mm (US6) own pattern, using leftovers of the knitpicks tweed yarn held double. Striped the Green colours
- Baby Socks – 3 pairs – 2.25mm (US1) using my Baby & Toddler Socks Recipe pattern – using scraps.
- Mix & Match Baby Sweater – 4mm (US6) – Own pattern available on Ravelry – Using Knit Picks Lost Lake Heather in Stroll Tweed held double.
- Baby Pom Pom Mobile – pom pom makers and scraps
- Vintage Inspired Baby Dress – 3.75mm (US5) pattern is coming soon, knit the sample using Little Bean Loves Yarn on the MCN base in a Custom Red colourway.
- Scrappy Granny Stripe Blanket – 3.5mm E Hook – following Attic 24 tutorial – chainless foundation approx. 270sts
- Vanilla gift socks – 2.25mm (U1) – Krityum Handmade Yarn – Satrangi colourway on the Rozanna sock base 75/25
- Vanilla gift socks – 2.25mm (U1) – Hedgehog Fibres Yarn – creature colourway on the Twist sock base 80/20 BFL/Nylon
- Perry Christmas gift socks – 2.25mm (U1) – Artisan Yarns – Boo Berry colourway on the Alpaca sock base
- Baby Socks for Layla – 2.25mm (US1) – Using leftovers from socks I knit
- Mix & Match Adult Cardigan – 4mm (US6) – New Pattern coming soon – using Into The Whirled DK Pokkoku Base in the Mildly Amusing Colourway (Kettle Dyed)
- Yoshi & Lucy Knits
- Into The Whirled
- The Griff House
- Teeny Button Studios
- Lavender Lune Yarn Co
- Plaristo Of Rye
Sock Pattern Club – The New York Collection:
Check out the Chatter Thread HERE for details!
You can purchase the Ebook HERE
#KEDKAL17 – Knitting Expat Designs Year Long KAL
Check out the Chatter Thread HERE for details
Self Managed Mini Skein Swap:
See details in the THREAD
Road To Rhinebeck MKAL:
See details in the THREAD
WAK $50 Giftcard Giveaway:
See Details in the THREAD
QUESTIONS FOR YOU:
– Coupon Thread HERE
– Knitting Planning Spreadsheet – HERE
– Yarn tracking Spreadsheet – HERE
General Comments About Pattern Support –
Please use the email (email@example.com) in the patterns or Rav private messaging to ask me about any patter support questions you have. Instagram/facebook etc are not appropriate places to ask for pattern support. I don’t always see your questions there or get notifications about private messages on instagram. I specifically include my email address on all of my patterns so you have a way to contact me for pattern support and I would appreciate it if you would respect that and use that avenue to contact me … it is by far the best way to do so and I am likely to respond to you the fastest via email as well.
I get a lot of questions about links in the pattern pdf’s not working and all you have to do is copy and paste the link into your internet browser if that is the case. The links for some reason don’t always work on mobile devices so you may have to access them on a computer.
That is it for this week’s Episode, I hope you enjoyed and if you did please subscribe on Youtube … join the Ravelry group and leave a little comment to say hello and/or to let me know what you think … I’d love to hear if you have any suggestions or ideas for the podcast and of course I’d be happy to answer any questions you may have aswell.
Till next time …
Happy Knitting …