Hello everyone … welcome to Episode 105 the Knitting Expat Podcast … this has become such a wonderful way for me to get more involved with the online knitting community and I’ve been loving it so far … so please do get in touch … I’d love to hear from you … so far I’ve been loving the interaction with other knitters from around the world that this new avenue has opened up to me … come join the fun …
Here is this weeks episode …
Things I talked about …
INTRODUCTION & WHERE TO FIND ME:
Hi my name is Mina, I currently live in New York City with my Husband and 2 cats, we lived in Dubai and then Bahrain up until recently and before that we were in London UK. You can learn more in the ABOUT ME section, otherwise if you have any questions please leave a comment or send me a message on Ravelry/Instagram.
I have also created a RAVELRY GROUP for the Knitting Expat Podcast so you can join in the conversation there …
You can find my Original Designs for sale on Ravelry HERE …
- Harry Potter KAL Socks – 2.25mm (US1) – Own design using Oh Loops Yarn on the BFL base in the Mr Rumple Colourway
- Harry Potter KAL project – 3.75mm (US5) – Own design using Oh Loops Yarn on the Merino Nylon base in the Storm Cloud Colourway
- Brothers Self Striping Socks – 2.25mm (US1) – own vanilla pattern – socks for my Brother out of Desert Vista Dyeworks Self striping in the Festivus colourway
- Pinwheel Sock Scrap Blanket – 0 blocks completed
- Sammal Cardiagn – 3.5mm (US4) – Pattern by Joji Locatelli – Using Verdant Gryphon in the Little Traveller base in the Moss Man Colourway
- We Are Knitters Cuzco Sweater – 5mm (US8) – using baby alpaca in the Wine Colourway – kit from We Are Knitters
- Scrappy Granny Stripe Blanket – 3.5mm E Hook – following Attic 24 tutorial – chainless foundation approx. 270sts
- Perry Yorkville Socks – 2.25mm (US1) – Own design from NYSC – knit using Knitlobs Lair on the Superwash Wool / Nylon base in the Unikko (Poppy) Colourway
- Child hat – 4mm (US6) own design – not sure what I will do with the main body of the hat – folded brim – using Fully Spun yarn held double in the Orion Colourway and leftover of Mad Tosh Light in 79th street sunset
- Yarn from Train Track Fibers Design
- Yarn from Dubai Knits and other goodies including a Scheepjes Whirl Cake
- Yarn I picked up from Uncommon Yarn
- Knit Crate Box – Separate video
- Yarn and goodies for Layla from a lovely online friend
We Are Knitters Giveaway:
Check out the THREAD for details.
Sock Pattern Club – The New York Collection:
Check out the Chatter Thread HERE for details!
You can purchase the Ebook HERE
#KEDKAL17 – Knitting Expat Designs Year Long KAL
Check out the Chatter Thread HERE for details
Self Managed Mini Skein Swap:
See details in the THREAD
QUESTIONS FOR YOU:
– Coupon Thread HERE
– Knitting Planning Spreadsheet – HERE
– Yarn tracking Spreadsheet – HERE
General Comments About Pattern Support –
Please use the email (email@example.com) in the patterns or Rav private messaging to ask me about any patter support questions you have. Instagram/facebook etc are not appropriate places to ask for pattern support. I don’t always see your questions there or get notifications about private messages on instagram. I specifically include my email address on all of my patterns so you have a way to contact me for pattern support and I would appreciate it if you would respect that and use that avenue to contact me … it is by far the best way to do so and I am likely to respond to you the fastest via email as well.
I get a lot of questions about links in the pattern pdf’s not working and all you have to do is copy and paste the link into your internet browser if that is the case. The links for some reason don’t always work on mobile devices so you may have to access them on a computer.
That is it for this week’s Episode, I hope you enjoyed and if you did please subscribe on Youtube … join the Ravelry group and leave a little comment to say hello and/or to let me know what you think … I’d love to hear if you have any suggestions or ideas for the podcast and of course I’d be happy to answer any questions you may have aswell.
Till next time …
Happy Knitting …