Hello everyone … welcome to Episode 101 the Knitting Expat Podcast … this has become such a wonderful way for me to get more involved with the online knitting community and I’ve been loving it so far … so please do get in touch … I’d love to hear from you … so far I’ve been loving the interaction with other knitters from around the world that this new avenue has opened up to me … come join the fun …
Here is this weeks episode …
Things I talked about …
INTRODUCTION & WHERE TO FIND ME:
Hi my name is Mina, I currently live in New York City with my Husband and 2 cats, we lived in Dubai and then Bahrain up until recently and before that we were in London UK. You can learn more in the ABOUT ME section, otherwise if you have any questions please leave a comment or send me a message on Ravelry/Instagram.
I have also created a RAVELRY GROUP for the Knitting Expat Podcast so you can join in the conversation there …
You can find my Original Designs for sale on Ravelry HERE …
- Vanilla Purple Socks – 2.25mm (US1) – own vanilla pattern – using Ice Yarns in a mixed Purple Colourway – some of my oldest self striping stash got it just over 2 years ago.
- Dad’s Garter Ribbed Socks – 2.25mm (US1) – mostly a vanilla sock with some garter rib thrown in for interest and elasticity – using Woolfiend Yarn in Lothlorien Colourway
- Baby Dress Version 1 – 3.5mm (US4) – own design coming soon – used The Cozy Knitter yarn in her Bliss base in the Antique Roses Colourway
- Baby Dress Version 2 – 3.5mm (US4) – own design coming soon – used Shirsty Cat Yarn 100% merino in the Nightwood Colourway
- Pinwheel Sock Scrap Blanket – 0 blocks completed
- Scrappy Granny Stripe Blanket – 3.5mm EHook – following Attic 24 tutorial – chainless foundation approx. 270sts
- NYSC July Month Socks – 2.5mm (US1.5) – own pattern – using Primrose Yarn Co on the Cosmic Helix base in the Springy colourway – pattern for July
- Union Square Socks – 2.25mm (US1) – Union Square sock pattern – using Cascade Heritage Prints in the 08 – Cotton Colourway
- Baby Dress Version 3 – 3.5mm (US4) – own pattern coming soon – using Once Upon A Corgi in Lilly Potter on stelina base and Plymouth Yarn co Happy Feet in Irises colourway
- A beautiful box of goodies and a wonderful blanket made up of knitted squares from so many lovely people in the knitting community (all those with podcasts have been linked at the end of this post)
Sock Pattern Club – The New York Collection:
Check out the Chatter Thread HERE for details!
You can purchase the Ebook HERE
#KEDKAL17 – Knitting Expat Designs Year Long KAL
Check out the Chatter Thread HERE for details
Self Managed Mini Skein Swap:
See details in the THREAD
QUESTIONS FOR YOU:
– Coupon Thread HERE
– Knitting Planning Spreadsheet – HERE
– Yarn tracking Spreadsheet – HERE
General Comments About Pattern Support –
Please use the email (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the patterns or Rav private messaging to ask me about any patter support questions you have. Instagram/facebook etc are not appropriate places to ask for pattern support. I don’t always see your questions there or get notifications about private messages on instagram. I specifically include my email address on all of my patterns so you have a way to contact me for pattern support and I would appreciate it if you would respect that and use that avenue to contact me … it is by far the best way to do so and I am likely to respond to you the fastest via email as well.
I get a lot of questions about links in the pattern pdf’s not working and all you have to do is copy and paste the link into your internet browser if that is the case. The links for some reason don’t always work on mobile devices so you may have to access them on a computer.
That is it for this week’s Episode, I hope you enjoyed and if you did please subscribe on Youtube … join the Ravelry group and leave a little comment to say hello and/or to let me know what you think … I’d love to hear if you have any suggestions or ideas for the podcast and of course I’d be happy to answer any questions you may have aswell.
Till next time …
Happy Knitting …