Hello everyone … welcome to Episode 98 of the Knitting Expat Podcast … this has become such a wonderful way for me to get more involved with the online knitting community and I’ve been loving it so far … so please do get in touch … I’d love to hear from you … so far I’ve been loving the interaction with other knitters from around the world that this new avenue has opened up to me … come join the fun …
Here is this weeks episode …
Things I talked about …
INTRODUCTION & WHERE TO FIND ME:
Hi my name is Mina, I currently live in New York City with my Husband and 2 cats, we lived in Dubai and then Bahrain up until recently and before that we were in London UK. You can learn more in the ABOUT ME section, otherwise if you have any questions please leave a comment or send me a message on Ravelry/Instagram.
I have also created a RAVELRY GROUP for the Knitting Expat Podcast so you can join in the conversation there …
You can find my Original Designs for sale on Ravelry HERE …
- 11 finished objects
- 2 hats, 1 baby blanket, 1 cowl, 1 shawl, 6 pairs of socks
- 11 pairs of finished socks so far this year
- 5,020m knit
- 1,382grams knit
- 20 skeins used and out of stash
- 49 skeins came into stash this month
- Sport Weight Hat – 3.25mm (US3) no really design cast on 112 – knit 4.5 inches of ribbing – increased to 140sts and then will knit in plain stockinette for ages before doing some simple decreasing at the top
- Sock Pattern Club Month 6 – 2.25mm (US1) – Texture Pattern – using Sweet Sparrow Yarns in Nuthatch base – 75/25 SW Merino/Nylon in the Garden Rose Colourway
- Sock Pattern Club Month 7 – 2.25mm (US1) – Texture pattern – using Nomadic Yarns in the Brit Sock base – 80/20 SW BFL /nylon in the Spring Fling Colourway
- Vanilla Tweed Socks – 2.25mm (US1) – Own vanilla pattern – using Gnome Acres in the Scruffy Gnome base in the Gnomesome Dove colourway – used a garter GSR heel
- Sock Pattern Club Month 3 – 2.25mm (US1) – Texture Pattern – using The Cozy Knitter in Bliss base – 80/20 SW Merino/Nylon in the New Horizon Colourway
- Sock Pattern Club Month 5 – 2.25mm (US1) – Texture Pattern – using Lolo Did It in Lolo’s Favourite base – 80/10/10 SW Merino/Cashmere/Nylon in the Dowager Countess Colourway
- Pebble Socks for Perry – 2.25mm (US1) – Pebble Socks – Beyond Vanilla Part 1 – using Dragonfly Fibres in 100% SW Merino in the Mossy Bank Colourway
- Spring Transitions Shawl – 3.75mm (US5) own design coming out next week – used Cascade Heritage for the main colour and a mini skein set from Wonderland Yarns in the Fuschia to Turquoise colourways.
- Grand Central Socks – 2.25mm (US1) first in the New York Sock Club collection – used Once Upon A Corgi yarn in the Marie Cutie base in the Oswald for Mayor Colourway.
- Pinwheel Sock Scrap Blanket – 0 blocks completed
- Chevron Shawl Design – 4mm (US6) Sport weight Salpaca yarn – theconstantthread.etsy.com – and some of the Finnish yarn I picked up last summer as accent colours – own design – something simple yet graphic when complete to really allow the yarn to shine.
- Lace Fern Shawl Design – 4mm (US6) using FernFibre yarn in the Green and Natural colourways – shawl design that will hopefully be released by late spring early summer time.
- DK Textured Shawl Design – 4.5mm (US7) – using Primrose Yarn Co in the Jasper DK base in the Snow Owl & Curry Spice colourways – this is a collaboration with the lovely Kelsey of Primrose Yarn Co and the design will be coming out later this year.
- Rainbows & Clouds Socks – 2.25mm (US1) – own vanilla pattern – using Artistic Yarns By Abi in the Rainbows and Clouds Colourway – some of my oldest self striping stash got it just over 2 years ago.
- Semi Virtual Course from Claire of Beautiful Things
- Yarn from Cindy of Mon Sheep Shop
- Yarn from Kayleen of Littlebean Loves Yarn
- Yarn from a lovely viewer in Turkey
- Mini Skeins from Sam of Lavender Lune Yarn Co
- Mini Skeins from Laura from Row One Yarns
- Project bags from Daisy Girl & Co
- Goodies from a Podcast viewer including a Monogram Pouch
Sock Pattern Club – The New York Collection:
Check out the Chatter Thread HERE for details!
You can purchase the Ebook HERE
#KEDKAL17 – Knitting Expat Designs Year Long KAL
Check out the Chatter Thread HERE for details
2 Year Podiversary Giveaway!
Pattern Giveaways HERE
Yarn & Bag Giveaways HERE
Self Managed Mini Skein Swap:
See details in the THREAD
QUESTIONS FOR YOU:
– Coupon Thread HERE
– Knitting Planning Spreadsheet – HERE
– Yarn tracking Spreadsheet – HERE
General Comments About Pattern Support –
Please use the email (email@example.com) in the patterns or Rav private messaging to ask me about any patter support questions you have. Instagram/facebook etc are not appropriate places to ask for pattern support. I don’t always see your questions there or get notifications about private messages on instagram. I specifically include my email address on all of my patterns so you have a way to contact me for pattern support and I would appreciate it if you would respect that and use that avenue to contact me … it is by far the best way to do so and I am likely to respond to you the fastest via email as well.
I get a lot of questions about links in the pattern pdf’s not working and all you have to do is copy and paste the link into your internet browser if that is the case. The links for some reason don’t always work on mobile devices so you may have to access them on a computer.
- Sweet Sparrow Knits
- Once Upon A Corgi
- Yoshi & Lucy Knits
- Ninja Chickens
- Dye Another Day
- Little Bean & Me
That is it for this week’s Episode, I hope you enjoyed and if you did please subscribe on Youtube … join the Ravelry group and leave a little comment to say hello and/or to let me know what you think … I’d love to hear if you have any suggestions or ideas for the podcast and of course I’d be happy to answer any questions you may have aswell.
Till next time …
Happy Knitting …