Hello everyone … welcome to Episode 95 of the Knitting Expat Podcast … this has become such a wonderful way for me to get more involved with the online knitting community and I’ve been loving it so far … so please do get in touch … I’d love to hear from you … so far I’ve been loving the interaction with other knitters from around the world that this new avenue has opened up to me … come join the fun …
Here is this weeks episode …
Things I talked about …
INTRODUCTION & WHERE TO FIND ME:
Hi my name is Mina, I currently live in New York City with my Husband and 2 cats, we lived in Dubai and then Bahrain up until recently and before that we were in London UK. You can learn more in the ABOUT ME section, otherwise if you have any questions please leave a comment or send me a message on Ravelry/Instagram.
I have also created a RAVELRY GROUP for the Knitting Expat Podcast so you can join in the conversation there …
You can find my Original Designs for sale on Ravelry HERE …
- Mini Skein shawl design – 3.75mm (US5) – Own design – using Cascade Heritage in grey and Wonderland Yarns Chesire cat fingering base in the Fuschia to Turquoise shadow set
- Sock Pattern Club Month 1 – 2.25mm (US1) – Texture pattern – using Once Upon A Corgi yarn in the Marie Cutie base – 75/25 corriedale/nylon in the Oswald for Mayor Colourway – trying these out toe up … planning on having the designs for the club written toe up and cuff down to suit as many as possible. To be honest most of the designs will work the same TU or CD, the patterning designs I’ve gone with are not specifically directional so it wouldn’t look weird even if the design looks a little different going in different directions.
WORKS IN PROGRESS:
- Pinwheel Scrap Blanket – 0 new blocks added.
- Maryam Hat – 5mm (US8) own design – for my Mum – out of Neighborhood Fibre Co in the Studio Worsted base – Del Ray Colourway
- Sport Weight Hat – 3.25mm (US3) no really design cast on 112 – knit 4.5 inches of ribbing – increased to 140sts and then will knit in plain stockinette for ages before doing some simple decreasing at the top
- Sock Pattern Club Month 2 – 2.25mm (US1) – Texture pattern – using Voolenvine yarn in the Wolke base – 80/10/10 SW Merino/Cashmere/nylon in the not a creature was stirring Colourway
- Sock Pattern Club Month 6 – 2.25mm (US1) – Texture Pattern – using Sweet Sparrow Yarns in Nuthatch base – 75/25 SW Merino/Nylon in the Garden Rose Colourway
- Baby Crochet Granny Stripe Blanket – 5mm H Hook – Thank you to everyone for your suggestions and help with answering my crochet questions last week it really helped me decide on what direction to go in … doing the granny stripe pattern with double crochet on 5mm hook … did a single crochet chainless foundation for 92 stitches I think and then been following the Attic 24 pattern – doing a rainbow fade – Red is by Geektastic Fibres – Red in my Ledger Colourway, Orange is Lion Brand Sock Ease and the Yellow is a Regia 4 ply.
- Some lovely things from Laura – Host of the Corner Of Knit and Tea Podcast
- Yarn from LOLO DID IT and a stuffy for the baby
- Yarn from WOOLFIEND and some other goodies.
Sock Pattern Club – The New York Collection:
Check out the Chatter Thread HERE for details!
You can purchase the Ebook HERE
#KEDKAL17 – Knitting Expat Designs Year Long KAL
Check out the Chatter Thread HERE for details
12,000 SUBSCRIBER GIVEAWAY & Cozy Shlanket MKAL – Prizes
Winners were announced in this week’s podcast episode.
Learn to Crochet GIVEAWAY:
Check out the THREAD in the group for all the details on how to enter!
Self Managed Mini Skein Swap:
See details in the THREAD
QUESTIONS FOR YOU:
– Coupon Thread HERE
– Knitting Planning Spreadsheet – HERE
– Yarn tracking Spreadsheet – HERE
General Comments About Pattern Support –
Please use the email (email@example.com) in the patterns or Rav private messaging to ask me about any patter support questions you have. Instagram/facebook etc are not appropriate places to ask for pattern support. I don’t always see your questions there or get notifications about private messages on instagram. I specifically include my email address on all of my patterns so you have a way to contact me for pattern support and I would appreciate it if you would respect that and use that avenue to contact me … it is by far the best way to do so and I am likely to respond to you the fastest via email as well.
I get a lot of questions about links in the pattern pdf’s not working and all you have to do is copy and paste the link into your internet browser if that is the case. The links for some reason don’t always work on mobile devices so you may have to access them on a computer.
That is it for this week’s Episode, I hope you enjoyed and if you did please subscribe on Youtube … join the Ravelry group and leave a little comment to say hello and/or to let me know what you think … I’d love to hear if you have any suggestions or ideas for the podcast and of course I’d be happy to answer any questions you may have aswell.
Till next time …
Happy Knitting …