Hello everyone … welcome to Episode 95 of the Knitting Expat Podcast … this has become such a wonderful way for me to get more involved with the online knitting community and I’ve been loving it so far … so please do get in touch … I’d love to hear from you … so far I’ve been loving the interaction with other knitters from around the world that this new avenue has opened up to me … come join the fun …
Here is this weeks episode …
Things I talked about …
INTRODUCTION & WHERE TO FIND ME:
Hi my name is Mina, I currently live in New York City with my Husband and 2 cats, we lived in Dubai and then Bahrain up until recently and before that we were in London UK. You can learn more in the ABOUT ME section, otherwise if you have any questions please leave a comment or send me a message on Ravelry/Instagram.
I have also created a RAVELRY GROUP for the Knitting Expat Podcast so you can join in the conversation there …
You can find my Original Designs for sale on Ravelry HERE …
- 10 projects finished
- 2 baby sweaters – 5 pairs of socks – 2 shawls – 1 hat
- 14 skeins used
- 1,025grams knit
- 3478 meters knit
- 39 skeins in – VKL and generous gifts/yarn support from makers – was always going to be high month
- Destash will help reduce stash significantly – 52 skeins in Destash
- A bunch more went into the podcast prize pool
- Little Boxy Sweater – by Joji Locatelli – 3.5mm & 3mm (US4 & US2.5) – I test knit the 6 month size out of Miss Babs 2ply Yummy Fingering – 400yards / 114grams – used 110grams total
WORKS IN PROGRESS:
- Pinwheel Scrap Blanket – 0 new blocks added.
- Mini Skein shawl design – 3.75mm (US5) – Own design – using Cascade Heritage in grey and Wonderland Yarns Chesire cat fingering base in the Fuschia to Turquoise shadow set
- Sock Pattern Club Month 1 – 2.25mm (US1) – Texture pattern – using Once Upon A Corgi yarn in the Marie Cutie base – 75/25 corriedale/nylon in the Oswald for Mayor Colourway – trying these out toe up … planning on having the designs for the club written toe up and cuff down to suit as many as possible. To be honest most of the designs will work the same TU or CD, the patterning designs I’ve gone with are not specifically directional so it wouldn’t look weird even if the design looks a little different going in different directions.
- Some lovely things from Sarah – cohost of the Reluctant Sisters Podcast
- Baby gifts from a viewer
- Yarn from Geektastic Fibres.
Cozy Shlanket MKAL:
Check out the Chatter Thread HERE for details!
#KEDKAL17 – Knitting Expat Designs Year Long KAL
Check out the Chatter Thread HERE for details
12,000 SUBSCRIBER GIVEAWAY
Check out the thread HERE for details
Self Managed Mini Skein Swap:
See details in the THREAD
QUESTIONS FOR YOU:
– Coupon Thread HERE
– Knitting Planning Spreadsheet – HERE
– Yarn tracking Spreadsheet – HERE
General Comments About Pattern Support –
Please use the email (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the patterns or Rav private messaging to ask me about any patter support questions you have. Instagram/facebook etc are not appropriate places to ask for pattern support. I don’t always see your questions there or get notifications about private messages on instagram. I specifically include my email address on all of my patterns so you have a way to contact me for pattern support and I would appreciate it if you would respect that and use that avenue to contact me … it is by far the best way to do so and I am likely to respond to you the fastest via email as well.
I get a lot of questions about links in the pattern pdf’s not working and all you have to do is copy and paste the link into your internet browser if that is the case. The links for some reason don’t always work on mobile devices so you may have to access them on a computer.
That is it for this week’s Episode, I hope you enjoyed and if you did please subscribe on Youtube … join the Ravelry group and leave a little comment to say hello and/or to let me know what you think … I’d love to hear if you have any suggestions or ideas for the podcast and of course I’d be happy to answer any questions you may have aswell.
Till next time …
Happy Knitting …