Hello everyone … welcome to Episode 94 of the Knitting Expat Podcast … this has become such a wonderful way for me to get more involved with the online knitting community and I’ve been loving it so far … so please do get in touch … I’d love to hear from you … so far I’ve been loving the interaction with other knitters from around the world that this new avenue has opened up to me … come join the fun …
Here is this weeks episode …
Things I talked about …
INTRODUCTION & WHERE TO FIND ME:
Hi my name is Mina, I currently live in New York City with my Husband and 2 cats, we lived in Dubai and then Bahrain up until recently and before that we were in London UK. You can learn more in the ABOUT ME section, otherwise if you have any questions please leave a comment or send me a message on Ravelry/Instagram.
I have also created a RAVELRY GROUP for the Knitting Expat Podcast so you can join in the conversation there …
You can find my Original Designs for sale on Ravelry HERE …
- Cozy Shlanket MKAL – 5mm (US8) – Own design – using Cumbria Worsted by The Fibre Co in Helvellyn, Cowberry & Eden Valley
- Standalone Design Socks – 2.25mm (US1) – Lace design I am working on – yarn is by Adelaide cottage in the Gingerbread Girl on her Donegal Tweed base – several firsts – first proper lace design, first concurrent pair, first pair with pattern on front and back.
- Sock Pattern Club Month 2 – 2.25mm (US1) – Texture pattern – using Primrose Yarn Co Sock in the January 2017 Sock Club Colourway – Wool in the Wardrobe Podcast
- New Born Baby Valentine Sweater– 3.75mm (US5) – own pattern – currently being test knit – knitting up a newborn size for the nugget to wear if she happens to be a valentines baby! Or to wear in anycase! Yarn is by Legacy Fibre Arts (Legacy Knitz Podcast) in the Wool Ewe Be Mine valentines colourway
WORKS IN PROGRESS:
- Pinwheel Scrap Blanket – 0 new blocks added.
- Mini Skein shawl design – 3.75mm (US5) – Own design – using Cascade Heritage in grey and Wonderland Yarns Chesire cat fingering base in the Fuschia to Turquoise shadow set
- Sock Pattern Club Month 1 – 2.25mm (US1) – Texture pattern – using Once Upon A Corgi yarn in the Marie Cutie base – 75/25 corriedale/nylon in the Oswald for Mayor Colourway – trying these out toe up … planning on having the designs for the club written toe up and cuff down to suit as many as possible. To be honest most of the designs will work the same TU or CD, the patterning designs I’ve gone with are not specifically directional so it wouldn’t look weird even if the design looks a little different going in different directions.
- Will be casting on a test knit for Joji this weeknd – her Little Boxy sweater in the 6 month size.
- Fern Fiber – yarn for a design – hopefully something that I will be working on and coming out with later this spring/early summer – Maria has the Ninja Chickens Podcast
- Yarn from Yoshi & Lucy Knits Podcast – Denise
- Yarn from Fully Spun – interesting yarn spun to look like handspun yarns
Cozy Shlanket MKAL:
Check out the Chatter Thread HERE for details!
#KEDKAL17 – Knitting Expat Designs Year Long KAL
Check out the Chatter Thread HERE for details
Self Managed Mini Skein Swap:
See details in the THREAD
QUESTIONS FOR YOU:
- How would you prefer me to host a destash – list on Ravelry? On Instagram? Easy? something else?
– Coupon Thread HERE
– Knitting Planning Spreadsheet – HERE
– Yarn tracking Spreadsheet – HERE
General Comments About Pattern Support –
Please use the email (email@example.com) in the patterns or Rav private messaging to ask me about any patter support questions you have. Instagram/facebook etc are not appropriate places to ask for pattern support. I don’t always see your questions there or get notifications about private messages on instagram. I specifically include my email address on all of my patterns so you have a way to contact me for pattern support and I would appreciate it if you would respect that and use that avenue to contact me … it is by far the best way to do so and I am likely to respond to you the fastest via email as well.
I get a lot of questions about links in the pattern pdf’s not working and all you have to do is copy and paste the link into your internet browser if that is the case. The links for some reason don’t always work on mobile devices so you may have to access them on a computer.
- Yoshi & Lucy Knits
- Adelaide Cottage
- Wool In The Wardrobe
- Periscoping Sisters
- The Reluctant Sisters
- Legacy Knits
- Ninja Chickens
- Once Upon A Corgi
- Dye Another Day
That is it for this week’s Episode, I hope you enjoyed and if you did please subscribe on Youtube … join the Ravelry group and leave a little comment to say hello and/or to let me know what you think … I’d love to hear if you have any suggestions or ideas for the podcast and of course I’d be happy to answer any questions you may have aswell.
Till next time …
Happy Knitting …