Hello everyone … welcome to Episode 92 of the Knitting Expat Podcast … this has become such a wonderful way for me to get more involved with the online knitting community and I’ve been loving it so far … so please do get in touch … I’d love to hear from you … so far I’ve been loving the interaction with other knitters from around the world that this new avenue has opened up to me … come join the fun …
Here is this weeks episode …
Things I talked about …
INTRODUCTION & WHERE TO FIND ME:
Hi my name is Mina, I currently live in New York City with my Husband and 2 cats, we lived in Dubai and then Bahrain up until recently and before that we were in London UK. You can learn more in the ABOUT ME section, otherwise if you have any questions please leave a comment or send me a message on Ravelry/Instagram.
I have also created a RAVELRY GROUP for the Knitting Expat Podcast so you can join in the conversation there …
You can find my Original Designs for sale on Ravelry HERE …
- Happy Koi Socks – 2.25mm (US1) – Plain vanilla sock with adapted heel – Happy Koi Colourway on MCN base by Riverstone Yarns
- Snow Day Shawl – 4.5mm (US7) – Own design pattern coming very soon – Knit out of Quince & Co Chickadee in Egret, Aluesian & Peacock – bought at Knit New Haven last January!
WORKS IN PROGRESS:
- Pinwheel Scrap Blanket – 0 new blocks added.
- Cozy Shlanket MKAL – 5mm (US8) – Own design – using Cumbria Worsted by The Fibre Co in Helvellyn, Cowberry & Eden Valley
- Jewel Vanilla Socks – 2.25mm (US1) – Plain vanilla sock with a Contrasting adapted heel – Fibery Jewels Colourway on Corriedale Nylon base by Friends in Fiber.
- Saviour Sock Blank – 2.25mm (US1) – Own vanilla pattern – using Primrose Yarn Co Sock blank in Saviour Colourway – OOAK
- Same Same but Different – 3.5mm (US4) – Pattern by Ankestrick – Using Italian Country Silke 100% Merino in a variety of colours. – no actual progress on this one!
- Gorgeous Package from Shawna – Adelaide Cottage
- Giant box of goodies from Kelsey – Primrose Yarn Co – Stuff for the baby, Stuff for the boys, giant bag of M&M’s that Perry and I have slowly been working our way through – a bundle of tea, a mug and I’m sure there was something else I’m missing – oh and the Yarn!
- Amish style Swift from Stanwood Needlecraft
Cozy Shlanket MKAL:
Check out the Chatter Thread HERE for details!
Self Managed Mini Skein Swap:
See details in the THREAD
QUESTIONS FOR YOU:
- Would you be interested in a Sock Pattern Club? Or would you just prefer for a collection to be released all at once? Both options would come with a corresponding knit along.
- How about a Year Long knit along for my designs? I would draw for prizes periodically every 1-2 months.
– Coupon Thread HERE
– Knitting Planning Spreadsheet – HERE
– Yarn tracking Spreadsheet – HERE
That is it for this week’s Episode, I hope you enjoyed and if you did please subscribe on Youtube … join the Ravelry group and leave a little comment to say hello and/or to let me know what you think … I’d love to hear if you have any suggestions or ideas for the podcast and of course I’d be happy to answer any questions you may have aswell.
Till next time …
Happy Knitting …