Hello everyone … welcome to the 89th episode of the Knitting Expat Podcast … this has become such a wonderful way for me to get more involved with the online knitting community and I’ve been loving it so far … so please do get in touch … I’d love to hear from you … so far I’ve been loving the interaction with other knitters from around the world that this new avenue has opened up to me … come join the fun …
Here is this weeks episode …
Things I talked about …
INTRODUCTION & WHERE TO FIND ME:
Hi my name is Mina, I currently live in Bahrain with my Husband and 2 cats, we lived in Dubai up until recently and before that we were in London UK. You can learn more in the ABOUT ME section, otherwise if you have any questions please leave a comment or send me a message on Ravelry/Instagram.
I have also created a RAVELRY GROUP for the Knitting Expat Podcast so you can join in the conversation there …
You can find my Original Designs for sale on Ravelry HERE …
- Baby Design Sweater – 3.75mm (US5) own design that I am working on – using yarn by iKnit London in a custom dyed golden yellow Colourway – little duckie button from a bag of random buttons I got in London.
- A Seeded Path Cowl – 3.75mm (US5) – own design part of a set that will be out next year – knit out of Brooklyn Tweed Arbor in the Vintner Colourway.
WORKS IN PROGRESS:
- Pinwheel Scrap Blanket – 0 new blocks.
- Happy Pills Sport socks – 2.5mm (US1.5) own vanilla pattern with 56sts – Oh Loops Sport Sock base in Happy Pills self striping yarn
- Perry’s Cobblestones – 2.25mm (US1) – Cobblestones pattern by me – Beyond Vanilla Part 1 – Yarn is Nooch Fibre in the Honor Colourway
- NewBorn Peacock Vertebrae – 3.25mm & 2.75mm (US 3 & 2) – Newborn Vertebrae pattern by Kelly Brooker – using Verdant Gryphon Bugga yarn in Psychedelic Peacock
- My Gift To You Cardigan – 4 & 4.5mm (US6&7) – By Taiga Hillard – Using Malabrigo Rios in Purpuras
RIOT OF COLOUR KAL & WEE LITTLE KNITS ALONG:
I will be sending out the remainder of the prizes in the week following Christmas.
Self Managed Mini Skein Swap:
See details in the THREAD
– Coupon Thread HERE
- some yarny goodies from a lovely viewer.
Bogway Handspinner –
I have had lots of people asking for information about this … you can find the website HERE … it is in Dutch but you can use google translate to translate the page for you … You can fill in the form to order a spinner HERE (same thing about the translating) … and if you are still unsure you can email the company on this email address – firstname.lastname@example.org – they do speak English so they should be able to get back to you with answers.
The only other place I have so far been able to find that sells them online is HERE but as of today they are currently sold out.
That is it for this week’s Episode, I hope you enjoyed and if you did please subscribe on Youtube … join the Ravelry group and leave a little comment to say hello and/or to let me know what you think … I’d love to hear if you have any suggestions or ideas for the podcast and of course I’d be happy to answer any questions you may have aswell.
Till next time …
Happy Knitting …