Hello everyone … welcome to the 88th episode of the Knitting Expat Podcast … this has become such a wonderful way for me to get more involved with the online knitting community and I’ve been loving it so far … so please do get in touch … I’d love to hear from you … so far I’ve been loving the interaction with other knitters from around the world that this new avenue has opened up to me … come join the fun …
Here is this weeks episode …
Things I talked about …
INTRODUCTION & WHERE TO FIND ME:
Hi my name is Mina, I currently live in Bahrain with my Husband and 2 cats, we lived in Dubai up until recently and before that we were in London UK. You can learn more in the ABOUT ME section, otherwise if you have any questions please leave a comment or send me a message on Ravelry/Instagram.
I have also created a RAVELRY GROUP for the Knitting Expat Podcast so you can join in the conversation there …
You can find my Original Designs for sale on Ravelry HERE …
- Regia Arne & Carlos – Pair 85 – 2.25mm (US1) Vanilla socks with modified GSR heel – using the Summer Night Colourway but looks quite wintery to me.
- Regia Pairfect – Pair 86 – 2.25mm (US1) Vanilla Socks with Modified GSR heel – Colour 7123 – gift pair for a friend
- Sparkle Sock Blank Socks – Pair 87 – 2.25mm (US1) Vanilla socks with GSR heel – used a sparkle sock blank by Knitting In France in this striping shades of purples/greys … threw in a contrast heel out of some left over Hue Loco yarn I had with me.
- Milo Vest – 3.5 & 4mm (US 4 & 6) – pattern by Georgie Hallam – knit the smallest size but made a slight mistake on placement of the cable pattern … its 1 stitch off from being perfectly centered when its actually meant to be off set to one side – knit out of Otira yarn – mix of merino, tencel & possum.
WORKS IN PROGRESS:
- Pinwheel Scrap Blanket – 0 new blocks.
- Baby Design Sweater – 3.75mm (US5) own design that I am working on – using yarn by iKnit London in a custom dyed golden yellow Colourway.
RIOT OF COLOUR KAL & WEE LITTLE KNITS ALONG:
I redrew a winner from the Wee Little Knits Along KAL thread so make sure you watch to see if you are the winner.
Self Managed Mini Skein Swap:
See details in the THREAD
– Coupon Thread HERE
- some yarny goodies from friends and purchases in the city
Bogway Handspinner –
I have had lots of people asking for information about this … you can find the website HERE … it is in Dutch but you can use google translate to translate the page for you … You can fill in the form to order a spinner HERE (same thing about the translating) … and if you are still unsure you can email the company on this email address – firstname.lastname@example.org – they do speak English so they should be able to get back to you with answers.
The only other place I have so far been able to find that sells them online is HERE but as of today they are currently sold out.
That is it for this week’s Episode, I hope you enjoyed and if you did please subscribe on Youtube … join the Ravelry group and leave a little comment to say hello and/or to let me know what you think … I’d love to hear if you have any suggestions or ideas for the podcast and of course I’d be happy to answer any questions you may have aswell.
Till next time …
Happy Knitting …