Hello everyone … welcome to the 87th episode of the Knitting Expat Podcast … this has become such a wonderful way for me to get more involved with the online knitting community and I’ve been loving it so far … so please do get in touch … I’d love to hear from you … so far I’ve been loving the interaction with other knitters from around the world that this new avenue has opened up to me … come join the fun …
Here is this weeks episode …
Things I talked about …
INTRODUCTION & WHERE TO FIND ME:
Hi my name is Mina, I currently live in Bahrain with my Husband and 2 cats, we lived in Dubai up until recently and before that we were in London UK. You can learn more in the ABOUT ME section, otherwise if you have any questions please leave a comment or send me a message on Ravelry/Instagram.
I have also created a RAVELRY GROUP for the Knitting Expat Podcast so you can join in the conversation there …
You can find my Original Designs for sale on Ravelry HERE …
- 2 Shawls
- 2 Hats
- 6 Pairs of Socks
- 1 Cowl
- 1 Baby Knit
- 1 Mittens
- 3 Blanket blocks
- 4354 meters knit
- 1461 Grams knit
- 17 skeins out
- 1 skein in
- 16 skeins less in stash now that at the end of last year!
- Zauberball Christmas Socks – 2.25mm (US1) – Mina’s Two At A Time Socks – Crazy Zauberball in Papagei Colourway
- Antler Mittens – 4 & 5mm (US6 & 8) – Fleece Artist BFL Aran in a OOAK Colourway – using the Antler pattern by Tin Can Knits
- Hodge Booties – 2.25mm (US1) – Free pattern on Rav – Used less than 20g of Anzula Squishy in Rust Colourway – newborn size
- Regia Aunt Sue Socks – 2.25mm (US1) – Own vanilla pattern – Regia Design Line Kristin Nicolas 3315
- MKAL Shawl – 5.5mm (US9) – Upcoming MKAL pattern – used 3 skeins of Peace Fleece 4oz 115gm per skein – 200 yds/180m – in Rabbit Grey, Moldova & Green
- Tiny Pants – 3.5mm & 4mm (US4 & 6) – pattern by Megan Goodacre – yarn is Naturally Otira, Merino/Tencel/Possum in DK purple used 26g
WORKS IN PROGRESS:
- Pinwheel Scrap Blanket – 0 new blocks.
- Regia Arne & Carlos – Pair 85 – 2.25mm (US1) Vanilla socks with modified GSR heel – using the Summer Night Colourway but looks quite wintery to me.
RIOT OF COLOUR KAL & WEE LITTLE KNITS ALONG:
Winners announced in separate video, Still waiting to hear from one winner –
Self Managed Mini Skein Swap:
See details in the THREAD
– Coupon Thread HERE
- A couple of baby onsies
Bogway Handspinner –
I have had lots of people asking for information about this … you can find the website HERE … it is in Dutch but you can use google translate to translate the page for you … You can fill in the form to order a spinner HERE (same thing about the translating) … and if you are still unsure you can email the company on this email address – email@example.com – they do speak English so they should be able to get back to you with answers.
The only other place I have so far been able to find that sells them online is HERE but as of today they are currently sold out.
That is it for this week’s Episode, I hope you enjoyed and if you did please subscribe on Youtube … join the Ravelry group and leave a little comment to say hello and/or to let me know what you think … I’d love to hear if you have any suggestions or ideas for the podcast and of course I’d be happy to answer any questions you may have aswell.
Till next time …
Happy Knitting …