Hello everyone … welcome to the 86th episode of the Knitting Expat Podcast … this has become such a wonderful way for me to get more involved with the online knitting community and I’ve been loving it so far … so please do get in touch … I’d love to hear from you … so far I’ve been loving the interaction with other knitters from around the world that this new avenue has opened up to me … come join the fun …
Here is this weeks episode …
Things I talked about …
INTRODUCTION & WHERE TO FIND ME:
Hi my name is Mina, I currently live in Bahrain with my Husband and 2 cats, we lived in Dubai up until recently and before that we were in London UK. You can learn more in the ABOUT ME section, otherwise if you have any questions please leave a comment or send me a message on Ravelry/Instagram.
I have also created a RAVELRY GROUP for the Knitting Expat Podcast so you can join in the conversation there …
You can find my Original Designs for sale on Ravelry HERE …
- Pebble Socks – 2.25mm (US1) – Own Design – Crazy Zauberball in Herbstwind Colourway
- Zauberball Shorties – 2.25mm (US1) – shorty socks for my mum – Crazy Zauberball in Holly Blue – I had used the same yarn to make her a pair of sockettes before.
- Design Shawl – 4mm (US6) – Galler Yarns Alpaca – own design – 303 Mist Grey – not 100% happy with results of this design and want to make a few tweeks so this one will be going on the back burner until after we have moved – mostly because I don’t have the yarn I want to use for it.
- Dragons Teeth Hat Adult – 4 & 3.5mm (US6 & 5) – Own design coming soon – used Five Moons DK in Load of Flannel Colourway
- Dragons Teeth Hat Baby – 4 & 3.5mm (US6 & 5) – Own design coming soon – used leftover of Open Skies Yarn DK in I Dreamed A Dream Colourway and some navy for the crown.
- Seeded Path Socks – 2.25mm (US1) – Own design matching the bulky hat I showed last time – used Five Moons in the Sour Cherry Not Colourway
- Flying Carpet Hat Adult – 4 & 5 mm (US6 & 8) – Own design using Mosaic stitch style colourwork, yarn is Ball of Love Yarns in Sugared Violets and Mist colourways held double to get worsted weight.
- Flying Carpet Hat Child – 4 & 5 mm (US6 & 8) – Own design using Mosaic stitch style colourwork, yarn is Malabrigo Rios in Glazed Carrot and Teal Feather.
- Flying Carpet Cowl – 3.25 & 3.75 mm (US3 & 5) – Own design using Mosaic stitch style colourwork, yarn is Malabrigo Mechita in Marte and Madeline Tosh Merino Light in Urban Flagstone (knitty city custom colour).
WORKS IN PROGRESS:
- Pinwheel Scrap Blanket – 3 new blocks.
- Zauberball Christmas Socks – 2.25mm (US1) – Mina’s Two At A Time Socks – Crazy Zauberball in Papagei Colourway
- Antler Mittens – 4 & 5mm (US6 & 8) – Fleece Artist BFL Aran in a OOAK Colourway – using the Antler pattern by Tin Can Knits
RIOT OF COLOUR KAL & WEE LITTLE KNITS ALONG:
Winners announced in separate video –
Self Managed Mini Skein Swap:
See details in the THREAD
– Coupon Thread HERE
- Some buttons I picked up in the UK
Bogway Handspinner –
I have had lots of people asking for information about this … you can find the website HERE … it is in Dutch but you can use google translate to translate the page for you … You can fill in the form to order a spinner HERE (same thing about the translating) … and if you are still unsure you can email the company on this email address – firstname.lastname@example.org – they do speak English so they should be able to get back to you with answers.
The only other place I have so far been able to find that sells them online is HERE but as of today they are currently sold out.
That is it for this week’s Episode, I hope you enjoyed and if you did please subscribe on Youtube … join the Ravelry group and leave a little comment to say hello and/or to let me know what you think … I’d love to hear if you have any suggestions or ideas for the podcast and of course I’d be happy to answer any questions you may have aswell.
Till next time …
Happy Knitting …