Hello everyone … welcome to the 38th episode of the Knitting Expat Podcast … this has become such a wonderful way for me to get more involved with the online knitting community and I’ve been loving it so far … so please do get in touch … I’d love to hear from you … so far I’ve been loving the interaction with other knitters from around the world that this new avenue has opened up to me … come join the fun …
Here is this weeks episode …
Things I talked about …
INTRODUCTION & WHERE TO FIND ME:
Hi my name is Mina, I currently live in Bahrain with my Husband and 2 cats, we lived in Dubai up until recently and before that we were in London UK. You can learn more in the ABOUT ME section, otherwise if you have any questions please leave a comment or send me a message on Ravelry/Instagram.
I have also created a RAVELRY GROUP for the Knitting Expat Podcast so you can join in the conversation there …
Finally you can find my Project Bags for sale on ETSY …
- PATONS CASCADE COLOURS SOCKS – Vanilla sock, 2.75mm (US2), 2×2 rib, FLKH, for my Dad
- THIS WAY THAT WAY SOCKS – Own design, 2.25mm (US1), 64 stitches, pattern coming soon.
- ACROSS THE POND SHAWL SMALL – this is my own design – pattern coming soon, yarn used is Malabrigo Sock in Arco Iris and Lavender Lune Yarn Co dyed with Basil, on 3.75mm (US5) needles.
- HENLEY SWEATER – for my dad, 4.5mm (US7), Cascasde 220 superwash, chocolate colourway
WORKS IN PROGRESS:
- PURPLE VANILLA SOCKS – 2.5mm (US1.5), 56 stitches, 2×2 ribbing, FLKH, Knit Picks Handpainted Stroll Fingering yarn in the Purple Pansy Colourway.
- YUKKO – Isager Lace Alpaca, 3.5mm (US4), designed by Amanitaa
- COZY MEMORIES BLANKET – started this using my sock yarn scraps on 3mm (US 3) needles, and I am using the 49 stitch count with a Central Double Decrease
So to finally celebrate the release of all of the patterns for the Vida Collection I will be hosting a rather casual KAL in the group … I know its a busy time of year for knitters with Christmas coming up so I’m going to keep this one quite relaxed.
To take part in this thread all you have to do is to knit one of the three patterns in the collection … Vida Hat …Vida Shawl … Vida Socks … if you have already started that is fine too … WIPS are welcome!
Rules for entry are as follows:
- You have to be a member of the Ravelry group
- You have to knit one of the three patterns in the collection.
- You will need to enter a finished object (or more)
I will not be having a separate FO thread as I don’t expect this to be a very busy KAL due to the time of year. So all you have to do is post a FO picture in this thread along with all the chatter.
At the end of the KAL I will pull the names of those who post FO’s in the thread and draw from those. The number of entries you get for each pattern is as follows:
- Hat – one entry
- Socks – one entry
- Medium Shawl – two entries
- Large Shawl – three entries
The number of entries you get will correspond with the number of skeins of yarn required to knit the pattern making it proportional and fair for all.
There will be prizes but those are yet to be determined. (If you wish to donate a prize for this or any other KAL/Giveaway on my podcast then please send me a message and we can sort it out).
For now the tentative end date for the KAL will be the 31st December, but depending on how popular it is and if people would like more time I may decide to extend the finish date.
If you have any questions then please let me know in the thread below. I will be available for pattern support along the way if you have any questions.
Also if you do post pictures on Instagram please use the hashtag – VIDAKAL so I can see what your are all up to!
Shop is closed until the new year.
I show how I knit in a short video clip on this episode.
This week I shared some packages … one from Grace, a swap from Maria, and a lovely gift from Maya at the Wool Barn. Also included were some acquisitions from I Knit London and some Early Christmas goodies.
PODCASTS I MENTIONED:
That is it for this week’s Episode, I hope you enjoyed and if you did please subscribe on Youtube … join the Ravelry group and leave a little comment to say hello and/or to let me know what you think … I’d love to hear if you have any suggestions or ideas for the podcast and of course I’d be happy to answer any questions you may have aswell.
Till next time …
Happy Knitting …