Hello everyone … welcome to the 34th episode of the Knitting Expat Podcast … this has become such a wonderful way for me to get more involved with the online knitting community and I’ve been loving it so far … so please do get in touch … I’d love to hear from you … so far I’ve been loving the interaction with other knitters from around the world that this new avenue has opened up to me … come join the fun …
Here is this weeks episode …
Things I talked about …
INTRODUCTION & WHERE TO FIND ME:
Hi my name is Mina, I currently live in Bahrain with my Husband and 2 cats, we lived in Dubai up until recently and before that we were in London UK. You can learn more in the ABOUT ME section, otherwise if you have any questions please leave a comment or send me a message on Ravelry/Instagram.
I have also created a RAVELRY GROUP for the Knitting Expat Podcast so you can join in the conversation there …
Finally you can find my Project Bags for sale on ETSY …
- PATONS CADET SOCKS – 2.5mm (US1.5) needles, vanilla sock, FLKH, 60 sts, 2×2 rib – yarn is patons kroy socks in cadet colours
- SKINNY WAFFLES – 2.25mm (US1) needles, altered Blueberry Waffle pattern, Kay Jones Bakery Bears – FLKH, yarn is Fortissima Colour
- VIDA SOCKS – 2.25mm (US1) needles, Vida Socks pattern by Me, FLKH, yarn is Baerenwolle Baerstark Sock in H&H1 OOAK Colourway, with a green Knit Picks stroll (Everglade Heather) for contrast heels.
- VIOLET WAFFLES HAT – 3.5 (US4) and 4 (US6) mm needles, pattern by Halldora J, using Highland Handmades Handspun given to me by Sarah
WORKS IN PROGRESS:
- PONCHETTE SCARF/COWL THING – 3.75mm (US5) – Drops baby alpaca silk, Cotton Lace Ponchette – no name – for my Mum
- BEEZEE – Brioche hat – 3.25mm (US3) – Lion Brand Angora Merino – so fluffy!
- SWIRLING RAINBOW SOCKHEAD HAT – 2.75mm (US2) & 3mm (US 3) – Lemonade shop Stormy Day Colourway- Katrin Schubert
- COZY MEMORIES BLANKET – started this using my sock yarn scraps on 3mm (US 3) needles, and I am using the 49 stitch count with a Central Double Decrease … I added 6 squares this week with Yarn given to me by Lea.
So to finally celebrate the release of all of the patterns for the Vida Collection I will be hosting a rather casual KAL in the group … I know its a busy time of year for knitters with Christmas coming up so I’m going to keep this one quite relaxed.
To take part in this thread all you have to do is to knit one of the three patterns in the collection … Vida Hat …Vida Shawl … Vida Socks … if you have already started that is fine too … WIPS are welcome!
Rules for entry are as follows:
- You have to be a member of the Ravelry group
- You have to knit one of the three patterns in the collection.
- You will need to enter a finished object (or more)
I will not be having a separate FO thread as I don’t expect this to be a very busy KAL due to the time of year. So all you have to do is post a FO picture in this thread along with all the chatter.
At the end of the KAL I will pull the names of those who post FO’s in the thread and draw from those. The number of entries you get for each pattern is as follows:
- Hat – one entry
- Socks – one entry
- Medium Shawl – two entries
- Large Shawl – three entries
The number of entries you get will correspond with the number of skeins of yarn required to knit the pattern making it proportional and fair for all.
There will be prizes but those are yet to be determined. (If you wish to donate a prize for this or any other KAL/Giveaway on my podcast then please send me a message and we can sort it out).
For now the tentative end date for the KAL will be the 31st December, but depending on how popular it is and if people would like more time I may decide to extend the finish date.
If you have any questions then please let me know in the thread below. I will be available for pattern support along the way if you have any questions.
Also if you do post pictures on Instagram please use the hashtag – VIDAKAL so I can see what your are all up to!
I have a questions for you all to answer this week:
- Question for you all this week is how do you deal with ease in a pattern? I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on the question that I answered to see and hopefully learn some tricks that may be helpful in the future for myself and hopefully it will be helpful for others too.
There won’t be another update for a while.
This week I shared some lovely Yarns I got from Knit Picks and a sweet package from a lovely group of viewers.
PODCASTS I MENTIONED:
- KILL TO CRAFT
- THE DYERS NOTEBOOK
- BAKERY BEARS
- THE SAMPLER GIRL
- SPICY HOMEMAKER
- TINY PAPER FOXES
- KNITTING SPRING
- MADE WITH CARLENERGY
- FAIRY LITTLE
That is it for this week’s Episode, I hope you enjoyed and if you did please subscribe on Youtube … join the Ravelry group and leave a little comment to say hello and/or to let me know what you think … I’d love to hear if you have any suggestions or ideas for the podcast and of course I’d be happy to answer any questions you may have aswell.
Till next time …
Happy Knitting …