Hello everyone … welcome to the 22nd episode of the Knitting Expat Podcast … this has become such a wonderful way for me to get more involved with the online knitting community and I’ve been loving it so far … so please do get in touch … I’d love to hear from you … so far I’ve been loving the interaction with other knitters from around the world that this new avenue has opened up to me … come join the fun …
Here is this weeks episode …
Things I talked about …
INTRODUCTION & WHERE TO FIND ME:
Hi my name is Mina, I currently live in Bahrain with my Husband and 2 cats, we lived in Dubai up until recently and before that we were in London UK. You can learn more in the ABOUT ME section, otherwise if you have any questions please leave a comment or send me a message on Ravelry/Instagram.
I have also created a RAVELRY GROUP for the Knitting Expat Podcast so you can join in the conversation there …
Finally you can find my Project Bags for sale on ETSY …
1. PONDALONG SOCKS – Yarn by Baerenwolle being knit into plain vanilla socks for me with a twisted 1×1 rib cuff and Fish Lips Kiss Heel …
2. FOR THE LOVE OF RAINBOWS – my own design which will be released soon …
WORKS IN PROGRESS:
1. VIAJANTE – Designed by Martina Behm, knit on 3mm and 3.5mm needles using the Wollmeise Lacegarn in Grapes For Sherri colourway …
2. MERISTEM MITTENS – Yarn is a Chillean Corridale in a lavender purple colour, using 2.75mm needles. This is a test knit for Maria Montzka of the Stitched in Sweden Podcast …
3. RAIN ON THE WINDOWS SOCKS – Yarn is Austermann Stepp, using 2.25mm needles in my usual cuff down method.
4. COZY MEMORIES BLANKET – started this using my sock yarn scraps on 3mm needles, and I am using the 49 stitch count with a Central Double Decrease … Didn’t show them this episode
So I figured after the recent news in the USA with Gay marriage being legal in all states and all the lovely Rainbow inspired projects I’d been seeing all over instagram these last few days I wanted to start a Rainbow-Along KAL … the rules are pretty simple:
– Pick a fun rainbow skien (or rainbow inspired – it doesn’t have to be a true rainbow to count as long as its reasonably rainbow-y enough) and cast on a fun colourful project … it can be anything you like. (it can be any type of craft, Knitting, crochet, cross stitch, weaving, etc)
– The KAL starts now (29th June 2015) and will run until the end of September (30th) of this year.
– You will need to be a member of the KNITTING EXPAT PODCAST RAVELRY GROUP to be eligable for prizes.
– There will be a chatter thread for general Chit Chat about the KAL and other such fun things
– There will be a Finished Objects Thread which will just be for FO’s and no chatter allowed in this thread – One finished project equals one entry in the FO thread.
– There will be prizes but these are still to be decided and announced. If you are a bag maker/stitch marker maker/ yarn dyer/ other maker of things / or just a lovely viewer who is interested in donating a prize for this KAL then please get in touch with me and we can sort it out.
KNIT-A-LONG DETAILS FOR SUNRAYS SHAWL:
– The KAL will start from the date of the pattern release until the 7th September 2015 (updated to give people more time to complete), Finished Objects can be posted into the FO thread after the 1st July. So you can start before but cannot finish the shawl before the 1st July in order to enter the KAL.
– You will need to be a member of the KNITTING EXPAT PODCAST RAVELRY GROUP to be eligible for prizes
- 1 skein of The Yarn Tree UK’s Sock Yarn – 75% Merino, 20% Nylon and 5% Gold Stelina base in the Fiery Sunset Colourway.
- 1 skien of The Natural Dye Company CHI Merino/Bamboo Sock yarn in the Peacock 3 colourway … this is a beautiful skein of yarn by a company that is no longer in business so you cannot get this anywhere else.
- 1 project bag made by me … the actual project bag will be made specially for the winner once selected and the winner will have a selection of fabrics to choose from for their bag.
I have a bag update planned for the shop hopefully this weekend … Friday 14 or Saturday 15 August … Keep an eye on the Ravelry Group and Instagram for more details.
I had lots of lovely things come in the mail this week including swap packages from two wonderful knitting friends in The Netherlands …
First package was from Carolien of ZAZU YARNS on Etsy.
The second package was also from a lady called Carolien and her shop is called Kralalien.
There is a coupon code in the Episode 18 Ravelry thread for 50% off a lovely sock pattern by Katherine who is the Girl With The Rabbit on Ravelry and Instagram.
PODCASTS I MENTIONED:
2. ZAZU PODCAST
That is it for this week’s Episode, I hope you enjoyed and if you did please subscribe on Youtube … join the Ravelry group and leave a little comment to say hello and/or to let me know what you think … I’d love to hear if you have any suggestions or ideas for the podcast and of course I’d be happy to answer any questions you may have aswell.
Till next time …
Happy Knitting …