Hello everyone … welcome to the eleventh episode of the Knitting Expat Podcast … I’m hoping for this to be a way for me to get more involved with the online knitting community … so please do get in touch … I’d love to hear from you … so far I’ve been loving the interaction with other knitters from around the world that this new avenue has opened up to me … come join the fun …
Here is this weeks episode …
Things I talked about …
INTRODUCTION & WHERE TO FIND ME:
Hi my name is Mina, I currently live in Bahrain with my Husband and 2 cats, we lived in Dubai up until recently and before that we were in London UK. You can learn more in the ABOUT ME section, otherwise if you have any questions please leave a comment or send me a message on Ravelry/Instagram.
I have also created a RAVELRY GROUP for the Knitting Expat Podcast so you can join in the conversation there …
1. PONCHETTE – This is a shawl turned poncho pattern which my Mum picked out and said she really liked so I knit it up for her … designed by WINDLOOP on Ravelry … its off the needles and now completely finished … I knit this in the DROPS BABY ALPACA SILK in the Red and Medium Grey colours.
2. CABLES FOR LARA … I used some of the RICO CREATIVE MELANGE CHUNKY Yarn I’d ordered to make up this cute child’s hat for a friend’s 3 year old … I created the pattern myself so may type that up to be released if anyone is interested … I actually had to rip it out and start again as it was too small for her head … and I have now adapted it for an adult size which is the one I showed on this weeks episode.
3. ROSE CITY ROLLERS – these were my first Cuff down socks, First heel flap and gusset, first rounded toe and first Kitchener experience … it was a lot of fun … and its a free pattern on Ravelry by MARA BRYNER … I knit this in Sirdar Heart & Sole in the Move to the groove colourway.
ON THE NEEDLES:
1. PERSISTENCE IS KEY – I have some Caron yarn in my stash that I want to use up and I think this cabled cardigan will be perfect! Plus I’ve been wanting to make a cabled cardigan for ages … Finally got this one started and I am actually already passed the seperation of the sleeves and have carried on with the body but don’t have an updated photo for you.
2. THE BOAT TRIP COWL – This is a test knit for the lovely Chrissy of the Stitched Together Podcast … I don’t have any progress photos yet but I have a picture of the yarn … which is Malabrigo Sock in the Velvet Grapes colourway
3. FILTERING DAYLIGHT SHAWL – This is a lovely lace and garter shawl with an interesting construction I have not come across before … I am knitting this in Quince & Co’s Chickadee yarn in Frost and Franks Plum colourways … The pattern is designed by SUVI SIMOLA.
1. DANI – of the LittleBobbins podcast sent me a lovely package as part of our swap and honestly was not only wonderfully put together but also really fun things for me to play with …
2. CHRISSY – of the Stitched Together podcast also sent me an amazing package of goodies in our swap … honestly cannot get over the beautiful handspun!
I covered some more of my recent acquisitions with you all on the podcast today … this time it was all the commercial sock yarn I got to try …
Lana Grossa –
Austermann Step –
West Yorkshire Spinners –
Lion Brand Sockease –
Drops Fabel –
Fortissima Colour –
Lang Jawoll Magic Degrade –
Cascade 220 Sport superwash (for a shawl not sock yarn) –
The last of the acquisitions will be in next weeks episode!
PODCASTS I MENTIONED:
9. UNDEAD YARN
That is it for this week’s Episode, I hope you enjoyed and if you did please subscribe on Youtube … join the Ravelry group and leave a little comment to say hello and/or to let me know what you think … I’d love to hear if you have any suggestions or ideas for the podcast and of course I’d be happy to answer any questions you may have aswell.
Till next time …
Happy Knitting …